I want to get a PhD, but I also want to be a stay-at-home mom. How do I choose between the two?
Am I comfortable depending on only Matt's income? Can we afford the type of lifestyle that we want with only one income?
Would I be okay with working from home?
Am I ready to raise a child in the turbulent political and social environment we have today?
1. What did you do in 2016 that you have never done before?
- got engaged
- became a project manager
- watched a monster truck show
- co-chaired a conference
2. Did you keep all of last year's resolutions?
- lose weight --> huge failure. I went from 165 up to 170, and slowly back to 162.
- get engaged --> yep!
- get more involved in albuquerque --> partial. we started hanging out with Steven and Valerie
3. Have you any resolutions for next year?
- lose weight for the wedding
- do a boudoir session
- half iron man 70.3
- get married!
- read more books
- complete the quarterhorse race
- read the entire bible
4. What countries did you visit?
5. What would you like to have in 2017 that you didn't have in 2016?
To feel comfortable in my own skin
6. What date in 2015 will remain etched in your memory?
January - starting "new" job with AFRL
January - National Western Stock Show
January - Steelers @ Broncos playoff game
January - Matt moved to NM; started at CEMCO
January - first monster truck show
February - skiing Wolf Creek with Matt
February - Megan and Max came to visit / hiking on Sandia
March - Disneyworld with the family
April - visited the nuclear trinity site
April - USA Science & Engineering Festival
May - IAPG in Maryland
May - joined the triathlon group with Andie
May - mountain biking and drag races in Colorado
May - Memorial Day in Durango, got engaged!
June - air show at Kirtland
June - Lumineers at Red Rocks
June - NMUSAF grand weekend
June - AIAA Aviation (dad came to visit from DE)
June - drove to Seal Beach to deliver HW; ASETS-II party at house
June - City of Lakes triathlon
June - Isotopes game
July - mountain biking in Crested Butte with Matt, Pete
July - Leo had seizures; ANIC treatment
August - visited DuBois; chose reception site and wedding date
August - decided to put down Leo
September - Labor Day camping in Taylor Park
September - Patriot Triathlon
September - Chicago trip (10K, trying on gowns)
September - Air Force Association conference in National Harbor
September - engagement photos in Telluride
September - matt quit job
September - my parents paid off our mortgage
October - engagement party; bought wedding dress
October - helped launch rockets for La Luz
October - handed oout halloween candy for neighborhood kids
November - passed FE exam
November - grandma bordner passed away; funeral on veteran's day
November - Thanksgiving in DuBois
November - card shower for dad's 70th birthday
November - Matt starts job at SNC
December - SNC holiday party; the Nutcracker
December - Christmas with Carolann and Bill
December - NYE party with Valerie, Steven, Aubree, Trevor
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a STEM ambassador and speaking at the S&E festival
Completing 2 sprint triathlons
Sticking with Maripat's strength classes
8. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight, not making friends (same as last year)
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Bruised toenails - skiing
10. What was the best thing you bought?
An IKEA set for the bedroom (after much trouble)
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The media / politicians
12. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling and triathlons/training/sports gear
13. What did you get really really really excited about?
Getting engaged! Planning a wedding!
14. What songs will always remind you of 2016?
The Weepies - World Spins Madly On
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
A. Fatter or thinner?
B. Happier or sadder?
C. Richer or poorer?
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas was spent with Matt's mom and stepdad. We went to Northglenn Christian on Christmas Eve, and opened presents on Christmas morning. There wasn't a tree, but there were stockings and we had a turkey dinner. It was my first year spending Christmas away from home.
19. Which LJ users did you meet for the first time?
20. Did you fall in love in 2016?
No, but stayed in love
21. What was your favorite TV show?
The Crown; Younger
22. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
23. What was/were the best books you read?
David McCullough - The Wright Brothers
24. What did you want and get?
A beautiful heirloom ring from Matt
25. What did you want and not get?
26. What was your favorite film this year?
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 29. Matt drove me to Santa Fe for a surprise dinner at Dinner for Two.
28. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
I wish that Matt could have met my grandmother before she passed away.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
30. What kept you sane?
Having Matt in Albuquerque, and the little things like taking care of our garden
31. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
32. Which political issue stirred you the most?
The election was nothing but upsetting and depressing to me.
33. Who did you miss?
Leo, Grandma, and my parents
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
The world spins madly on.
35. What happened in 2016 that you are the most thankful for?
I am thankful that I lived.